Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 28 of 730 (Planning Lunches)

As you know I am starting college this September. What you may not know is that I have been home Monday-Friday for the past 3 years. I am used to having my days to myself with my fridge and stove mere steps away. I am worried about going to school and having to pack a lunch. I haven't packed myself a lunch since grade 7. I always bought myself food. When I was pregnant with my second child I had a co-worker/friend care so much that she brought me lunch EVERY DAY. So I gave her my lunch money. I know I am spoiled.

This time I have serious goals and eating out even once a week is simply not an option. But what can I pack that is easy to eat on the go? I am looking for lots of your tried and tested great college lunch ideas. Thank you :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, if you have a freezer available to you - I recommend the Healthy Choice Steam bowls. So many yummy varieties - and really good for you. Also, you can't go wrong with sandwiches, pita wraps, cottage cheese and fruit/veg, and salads. I take a lunch every day - and plan out a week of lunches a head of time...I grab one as I walk out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to think on the lunches, but I wanted to say How Exciting - going back to college! Congrats. And how lucky of you to have such a good friend to bring you lunches - you must be a very special person (do you think she can bring them to your college - lol).

    I find that bloggers have many good recipes that they share online. I like sandwiches too, as long as I can have the fresh veggies inside (but keep them on the side so you can add them to your sandwich while they are fresh and crispy). Are you able to buy yourself a little cooler to take along - I don't know if you're driving or taking transport?

    Oh, yeah, and take some healthy fats, like a few almonds - in case you get hungry along the way - brain food!

    ReplyDelete