Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 9 of 730 (Making It Fun)

It's been 9 days thus far on my personal journey to lose this weight once and for all. It feels so much longer though. I am already feeling changes within my self. I am tired earlier, I wake up more refreshed and STARVING! Breakfast is becoming something my body asks for and waiting until lunch to eat is becoming a thing of the past.

I have found a wonderful group to share this blog with to support me and make me feel less alone in my mission. I appreciate everyone so very much for reading, commenting and tweeting with me. The benefits of a support system like this are priceless.

However I realize this is only the beginning and continuing to do well will take a lot of commitment and hard work. As someone who does not enjoy exercising at all I can easily see myself growing bored with the whole routine and giving up as history shows this to be true. However I started this journey telling myself I know why I fail so lets address each issue early and not let failure be an option.

Conclusion: I need to make this fun. I was thinking about maybe trying a yoga class or Pilates or perhaps start going swimming again. I also wanted to either get a wii fit or kinect shape for xbox. These things wouldn't replace my daily workout routine but instead add to it and keep things fresh and new and not always about getting on the treadmill.

I would love to hear ideas about how you keep things fun in your exercise routine or classes you have tried.

1 comment:

  1. I have a variety of things I do to keep things interesting at the gym. I record on DVD and watch daytime talk shows on my portable DVD player while I am on the ellptical (an hour show takes about 42mins and Ellen makes me laugh every time). I just downloaded some awesome music to my itouch that motivates me like I am dancing on the ellptical - I love it (and Ive never downloaded music b4 in my life). On select nights I try and go to the gym when I know TV shows I like are on so I can watch them while I work out and lastly, I have my own personal challenge to read a book a week at the gym while I ride the stationary bike. So far so good! Hope you can keep yourself motivated to workout. I think the longer you keep at it, the more you will feel the need to keep exercising

    ReplyDelete