Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 41 of 730 (I Blew It)

What happened to yesterday? It was a terrible day for me. I ate way too much junk and didn't exercise like I planned to. I was fully aware of what I was doing too, but just wouldn't stop.

Today is a new day and I want it to be different. I want control over myself back. I am not sure what is happening lately but it's the same pattern that happens every time I try to lose weight. After about a month or so I start giving up. It's like I know it's a slow process and will take a long time to see results. In fact that is why this blog is called An Ounce a Day, to remind myself that it is going to take time to see real results. Its just so hard to live by that attitude. I just want results right now. Noticeable ones. Results that make people say "Have you lost weight"?

I guess the only way to achieve my goals is to remain slow and steady and stay focused even on the days when I feel so 'blah'. The weather isn't helping either. I haven't seen the sun since Thursday or Friday and the constant rain is really bringing me down.

4 comments:

  1. I think it was just in the cards this weekend - I ate (and drank) like it was going out of style this weekend! And now my body - and the scale - are showing me just how much damage I did.

    I agree - the best way is to remain slow and steady. We'll have up days and down days and binge days. That's just part of life. The important part is that we're keeping our eyes on the prize and we'll get there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to stay positive! You didn't blow it, you had an off day, you learned something for eating some junk and not working out. Take that information and move forward determined to do better next time.
    I have all the faith in the world that you can do this. Slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have our setbacks. Don't beat yourself up, just hop back on track. Sometimes briefly falling off the wagon is what we need to get re-motivated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others, you had one bad day- not the end of the world. I am in your shoes, since starting back to work I've had trouble sticking to my regular routine. I realized I just had to come up with a new routine- and now I feel better. Rather than trying to work out every night, I committed myself to work out at least twice during the week and hard on the weekends. I've had several "off days" with my food, but I'm gettingore used to taking my lunch and finding healthy grab-and-go foods. Don't beat yourself up to much, just write today off and start again on the right track tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete