Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 45 of 730 (Easier Said Than Done)

It is so easy to say things than to actually do them isn't it? I tell myself a million times that this is a slow process and no matter what I do it will always be a slow process. I know in my heart this is true. I know only dedication, hard work and self control will lead me to success eventually. Yet I still feel frustrated by the fact that it will be slow.

It is getting harder to stay motivated and it is not because I'm not weighing myself often. In fact seeing small numbers up and down on a scale would be worse (been there done that). My weigh in and measuring day is coming up soon but I don't feel much different than when I started. My clothes seem to be fitting the same still and no one can notice anything yet. I am more nervous to check in with my scale and my measuring tape than excited.

I am hoping by Thanksgiving dinner when the family gets together someone is able to tell. I might be close to 15lbs lighter by then. If not then hopefully by Christmas dinner it will be more obvious. Until then I just have to keep going no matter how much I want to throw in the towel sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Despite how slow the process is, you'll be amazed at how quickly the time goes. When I was taking summer classes in June, I had lost about 25lbs since starting my journey. People noticed - I really didn't. It has been 2 months since I have seen my school friends - and when I went to class on Thursday, people were in SHOCK at how different I look. Being 53lbs lighter is definitely noticable. It took 7 months to lose the 53lbs - which felt like FOREVER - but in reality, it went by faster than I thought. It took a really long time for me to notice the difference. Even going from a size 26-22, I didn't notice much change physically. Then down to a 20...it wasn't until I hit the 18 and they started falling off that I really noticed the difference. It will happen - and when it does, it will be no time before the pounds (and the transformations) are zooming!!

    ReplyDelete