Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 17 of 730 (Perfectionist)

I have been monitoring my weight loss trends in my life a lot lately. What worked in the past and what did not? Why didn't certain things work? What made me give up? How can I change these areas to produce positive results? These are some of the questions I've been reflecting on.

What I realize the most is I give up rather easily if I get off track, have a bad day or week or if it's just plain too hard. I give up if I feel like all my sacrifices and hard work are for nothing (a.k.a. a disappointing number on the scale).

I am not sure why I have this perfectionist mind state when it comes to my weight loss because I would never think someone else failed or should give up if they had a bad day, week or month. I find I come down really hard on myself if I 'mess up' and I need to address this issue and learn to accept the fact that I am only human.

I am at about the same stage where the risk of quitting is at it's highest, as history shows, so I need to be aware of my feelings more and remain strong, positive and moving forward no matter what.

How do you deal with your bad days? How do you let go and move forward without giving up?

1 comment:

  1. I turn a bad day or week with ONE good decision. That one, will turn into two and so on....

    Your last question is just hard to answer really, only because for me it is a mind set. I don't want to be fat anymore. All the other times I failed and failed. This time I mean it. I look in the mirror and see small changes and that keeps me going.

    In the beginning it is hard, so hard. If you can get through the first month or 2 your thinking changes. Keep telling yourself each morning I will do it today, I will make good choices....I think about it every day, several times a day and it works for me.

    ReplyDelete