Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 21 of 730 (Now it's a Habit, Right?)

They say if you do something for 21 days it will become a habit. I'm not so sure about that. I think I could very easily wake up tomorrow and give up. That is why I know today more than any day I must stick to plan and get my workout in.

I am being firm with myself this time because I know I have failed before. I once gave up chips, chocolate, ice cream etc for over 21 days and one taste of chocolate sent me on a sugar binge for weeks. This time I am not eliminating chocolate completely and so far it's working perfectly.

I never want to miss more than 2 days of working out in a row. I want to continue making it a huge part of my everyday life so that I will not binge on skipping workouts. I know it will take far more than 21 days to make a habit out of this journey...in fact it will take a whole lifetime of dedication.

1 comment:

  1. It definitely takes more than 21 days...but working out eventually becomes a habit. I've been at this for 7 months, and it was only 8 weeks ago that my work-outs became a habit. I put that down to not fully committing myself for the 5 months before hand. I'd work-out maybe two or three times a week...then skip a week...then up my work-outs for another week or two. Once I got in a routine of working out 3 times a week for 6 weeks...I kept working out 3 times a week...and even upped it to 6 times a week. It takes time, but it does become something you get used to - and eventually something you just do without thinking about.

    ReplyDelete