Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 19 of 730 (Week In Review + Weigh In)

This week I got through my husband's birthday and our first date night since being on this journey. Instead of getting a birthday cake, I baked low fat carrot muffins with icing on the side for those who wanted icing. Carrot cake and muffins are his favorite so it was win win. Yesterday we went out for dinner and I enjoyed the menu and my meal. I felt like pasta with white sauce and mushrooms and that is what I had. We shared a piece of chocolate brownie cheesecake and I enjoyed that too. I did choose to drink only water though. When we went to the movie theatre afterwards I didn't have any popcorn. Instead, I packed a kitkat single bar in my purse.

The rest of the week was great. I ate 3 meals a day, snacked much less most days and have been more aware of protein in my meals. I have been drinking a glass of water to ensure I really am hungry before snacking. I realized that sometimes I am just thirsty.

I worked out 4 times this week and MUST workout again today at some point. I missed Wednesday due to my husband's birthday celebrations and promised to make it up one day this weekend. I dislike the workout itself but I LOVE the feeling afterwards. I feel so accomplished once I'm finished and showered. My plan was to start increasing the time on the treadmill this week but I have decided to take things slow. I am still finding 25 minutes difficult to get through and I am still nervous to push too much. I have a fear of fainting as I have fainted occasionally throughout my childhood due to excessive exercise or suddenly feeling too hot. Fainting is what turned me off of exercise at the age of 6.

Anyway, today is August, 1st and that means it is weigh in day. It's been 19 days so far and I am excited to see how I am doing. (I probably shouldn't have ate such a heavy meal last night) But, I am happy to say I have lost 4.3lbs. I am going to update inches every 2 months so you can read about that with my next weigh in on September 1st.

2 comments:

  1. WTG for enjoying a night out!! Great weight loss - very happy for you!! Also glad you're doing the inches. You'll be amazed at the changes you see there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are being really sensible about eating and enjoying yourelf too. It will take some time to build up your stamina so wise not to push it. Congrats on your weight loss. Keep you the great work!

    ReplyDelete