Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 22 of 730 (Fast Food)

Whenever I reflect on the changes I've made the past 3 weeks one always stands out the most. We haven't had take out or fast food in a long time. I'm not sure when it started but we would order something every Thursday or Friday and then usually ate fast food on the weekends....sometimes twice in one day. Now the only 2 times I've eaten fast food was for a wrap at Mr. Sub.

The most surprising thing for me is I don't miss it and I'm not craving it. I am not saying I will never eat fast food again or have an order in night once in a while, but it will be just once in a while.

When I think about dinner now, I crave 'real' food and I love that feeling. The fact that my body wants a plate full of broccoli or a bowl of salad reaffirms that I am on the road to success. It's a long road but I plan to just keep going like Forrest Gump did when he just felt like running.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!! So happy to hear that. You go, girl!! :) Oh, and you're right...you can have a night off every once in a while, and it sounds like it won't happen very often - which is fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete