Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 12 of 730 (Weekly Reflection)

Well today is Sunday and it is time to reflect on this past week. I am so very proud of myself this week for what I have accomplished. I have broke a personal record this week with my workout routine.

In my lifetime I have never stuck with a workout this much before and I feel so accomplished already. This week I worked out for 6 days in a row, surpassing my goal of 5 days. It wasn't easy and I am feeling it but I will not slow down just yet. My goal for this coming week is 5 days. The best days for me to work out are Monday-Friday so I am trying to look at it as part of my job...something I just have to do.

I cannot say that I am enjoying my work outs but it's not terrible and I am sure I can get used to it if I keep it a part of a strict routine. Just before a workout I take about 30minutes to get myself psyched up for it. Once I begin I try to get lost in the music that I'm certain the whole neighbourhood can hear. When I complete my workout I still find myself slightly light headed so I sit for a few minutes in a meditation like state and try to breathe through it before I take a shower. Once my shower is complete I feel really good and motivated to eat well because of the hard work I just put in.

My eating habits have changed and I am back to being aware of what I am eating, portion sizes and checking for calories, fat, fibre and sugar. I have had a few treats as well such as an areo single chocolate bar to curb a craving before a binge occurs. I've managed to stay away from all other junk around here simply by treating myself to the single size chocolate bar. I'm back to eating smart pop popcorn when I feel snacky late at night. But the biggest accomplishment this week eating wise has actually been with my water intake. I am surprised at how much water I have consumed and even more surprised that my 12 pack of diet coke is still not finished. I used to go through almost 2 cases a week.

I am very excited for next Sunday as that is the 1st of the month and my weigh in day. For those who missed it, I am weighing in only the 1st of each month as I do not want the scale to make me feel disappointed like it has in the past. I will share with you all the pounds and inches lost or gained (if any) so be sure to check back with me on August 1st.

2 comments:

  1. This is Andrew from MyFitSolution. It's interesting to see your progress in the last 12 days. I think you can actually weigh yourself a little more often (once a week even better), because with the more cardio and working out that you do, you might even lose 1 pound a week if not stay the same weight. Glad to see consistent progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say that you're very inspiring. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete