Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 8 of 730 (New Inspiration)

Last night I was looking for people to follow on twitter who might be trying to lose weight. I started with a general search "trying to lose weight" and between the multiple spammers in the search feed were some real people who were in fact trying to lose weight. I followed them all. Then I saw that some tweets had the hashtag #fitblog and I thought they must be people who write blogs on weight loss. I changed my search to "#fitblog" and followed everyone I could find. Turns out they were just ending their twitter party which was all about sharing weight loss information etc. I quickly followed everyone I could find. I think I followed at least 50 new people. I hope to be apart of the twitter party next time.

Some of those people did in fact have blogs (beautiful ones I might add) and they were jammed packed with information. I also found some women who are right in the middle or near the end of their weight loss goals. Some even posted pictures of their progress.

Taking pictures had never even crossed my mind until last night. Looking at the miraculous transformations left me in awe. These are real women with real before and after pictures and they look amazing. I decided that today will be picture day and I will then take one picture each month in the same outfit for my records. When I am ready someday, I will share them with you all, but right now I will keep them for my eyes only.

Say Cheese!

3 comments:

  1. I'm one of the people you started following from Fitblog. I read all your entries so far and I hope you keep going! I'll be following your progress and reading along. And maybe we'll "see" each other at next week's Fitblog.
    I'm not in the midst of losing weight, but I do talk about health and fitness on my blog. I hope you'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you decided to check out the fitblogs on Twitter. They really are a wellspring of info and I love being a part of it.

    I'm not losing weight currently since I'm pregnant, but I was very successful with weight loss after my daughter by taking a balanced approach. If you ever have any questions feel free to visit my blog or hit me up on Twitter.

    Have a fabulous day and congrats on working towards a healthier self!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures keep me in check. I take one every month and I post them. The reason I post them is for accountability to myself and for encouragement from others. When you are ready I will be here sending you high fives!!

    ReplyDelete