Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 37 of 730 (Kick Me)

Ok I am at the fork in the road I have faced many times. I can continue strong and never look back or I can go hang out at the all you can eat buffet and sell my treadmill on kijiji. My mind is just not staying focused. I know I still want to succeed but I am starting to feel overwhelmed and school hasn't even started yet.

Yesterday I found myself back at the mall finishing up my back to school shopping and then trying to catch up with work. I still have so much to catch up on in my home and with my business before school starts. We have very busy weeks ahead and I am not liking the way my workouts are not remaining consistent like they were. I feel like I am slipping.

I want having no time to be a valid excuse but I know that it isn't a lack of time but more a lack of planning. I want to just say well this week is already all messed up so I may as well just wait until next week. That is the old unsuccessful me talking. The part of me (probably the fat cells) that do not want me to carry on down this healthy road. So instead of choosing to wait until next week to make a change I will make a change today and make sure I am back on the treadmill before lunch and then again tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. I've checked my schedule and time does allow for me to get my workouts in all those days.

This time as I face the fork in the road I will not take the nice paved path, instead I will take the rocky road because I know that at the end of this road is a new me and I can't wait to meet her.

2 comments:

  1. You can do this! Every person out there feels overwhelmed or inadequate sometimes, but that doesn't mean that we cannot stay on track. It also doesn't mean that if you fall off your road a little bit that you can't get back on.
    We've all been there and lived through it only to come out the other side healthier and stronger. You can too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the analogy of the paved or rocky road. Makes me want to take the rocky road with you. Go, go, go.

    ReplyDelete