Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 1 of 730 (Intro)

Welcome to my weight loss diary. I will update this blog daily for the next 2 years. Why 2 years you ask? Well because one thing I have heard over and over again is that real weight loss happens slowly. It's taken me 8 years to put the weight on so expecting it to come off quickly is unrealistic if I want it to stay off.

My goal is to lose 80lbs eventually. My ounce a day theory means this would take 4 years and it very well might but if I hit 45lbs in 2 years at least that is 45lbs gone forever.

I will tell you that I am not the health buff type. I am out of shape, I hate exercise and my eating habits are embarrasing. I am a complete novice at losing weight and am not sure if I will ever reach my goal. I do hope that you will follow me on my journey anyway. I will share with you all my successes and failures and be honest with you either way.

But for now I am going to walk on my tredmill for 25 minutes. This is the 3rd day in a row I have done this. The first day I did it DH laughed in my face when I told him. Who can blame him when he's watched me fail so many times before.

2 comments:

  1. I started on the treadmill too, 30 mins for 3 weeks, then I upped it to 45 for 3 more weeks, then an hour for a month until it broke. So this is a great start it got me going and it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your 3 week idea and I think I will try the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete