Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 3 of 730 (Water vs Everything else)

I have never been a huge water drinker. I grew up drinking a lot of juice and pop. I am happy to report that I hardly ever drink juice anymore and the only pop I drink now is diet coke.

My drinking habits are horrible though and need to be fixed immediately. A typical day for me consists of 2 extra large coffees in the morning over the course of about an hour and a half, 3-4 diet cokes (sometimes more) and possibly 1-2 glasses of water. I am fully aware that the coffee and the diet coke are more dehydrating than hydrating yet I still reach for them every time. In fact, if i miss my morning coffee I will suffer with a horrible headache all day.

So I am trying to make some changes to my drinking habits over the course of the next few weeks. I have tried doing this cold turkey before and failed so this time I will take a more gradual approach.

Today I started my day with breakfast before even taking a sip of my coffee. Usually I don't even eat breakfast at all. The result? I cannot even finish my first cup, yet I feel well caffeinated. I am conveniently out of diet coke at the moment so today will be a water day. I would promise to never buy diet coke again but I know I will either drink juice in its place or eat more. So Instead I plan to have a 2 cans a day limit and a 3 glasses of water a day minimum. I will work on increasing the number of glasses of water over the next few weeks as well.

P.S. I've tried flavouring my water but I don't really like them.

2 comments:

  1. I still drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning. It's hard for me to start working so early without it :) I did cut out all soda and drink water all day with the exception of unsweetened iced tea or I froze lemon juice into ice cubes and put one in my water to break it up during the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to try the unsweetened ice tea. I do liek ice tea so that might help switch things up when I get bored of water.

    ReplyDelete