Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 2 of 730 (sweet tooth)

Today is a day of confessions. Hi, my name is Angela and I am a sugar-a-holic. It's true, ever since I can remember I have been addicted to sugar. Maybe it's because my mom would practically force me to buy 2 or 3 sugarary things at the convenience store every time she stopped in to by cigarrettes or maybe my step mother's amazing cheese cakes, pies and cookies are to blame. Either way I am fairly convinced that I have a real problem.

I was reading about sugar addictions recently and I thought wow, this is exactly like me. The article in question offered no advice on rehab however. So I have tried to be more aware and tried to cut back but so far I am not overly proud of my success. Sweets of every kind will be my biggest battle during the course of my journey to a slimmer, healthier me.

I did well yesterday until about 8pm when I caved in and had an ice cream cone and later still, snuck 2 double chocolate cookies. This wasn't a complete fail though as the ice cream in the cone was at least 1/2 of what I would usually serve and 2 cookies is better than the regular 4 I would have taken. (they were the small soft chips ahoy ones, not the huge Tim Hortons kind)

I do regret it when I think back to my work out yesterday. I worked out until I was dizzy and now it feels like it was all for nothing. Today I will miss my workout. I worked out the past 3 days and I will work out again tomorrow.

If you have tips for overcoming a serious sugar addiction please leave me a comment about it.

2 comments:

  1. Here is a great link for you to check out!

    http://www.firstourselves.com/2009/10-steps-to-control-sugar-cravings/

    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is a great article thank you

    ReplyDelete