Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 4 of 730 (No Thank You)

No thank you. Three little words that are sometimes hard to say. My job requires a lot of self restraint and mustering up those three little words over and over again. As the owner of a party entertainment company I often find myself at 3-4 parties a day both Saturday and Sunday. And at almost all of them the number one thing I am offered is a piece of cake. If you read my day 2 post you know how much I love sweets, so saying no takes a lot of will power, but I do say 'no thank you' every time.

Sometimes though people take it very personal and seem to think I am rude. I'm really not trying to be rude, but really, if I had just a small piece of cake at even 1/2 the parties I attend I would eat almost a whole cake every month. It's just too much.

Sometimes we are also offered a plate of food before we go and again I usually say no. It does look and smell delicious but I did just eat before I came to your party so no thank you.

I love my clients and I love that they are sweet enough to offer, but please don't push and don't be offended if I say no. It's nothing personal, I am just really trying to watch what I eat.

As I head out this afternoon to do my rounds of parties I will be strong and not fall into temptation like I did last night...again. No one said this lifestyle change would be easy.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I wrote about the same thing not very long ago! No thank you means no thank you...ughhhh!!

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i'll have to go read yours :)

    ReplyDelete