Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 32 of 730 (Days Off)

I hate my days off from working out. I cannot tell you how crazy I feel to say that. I hate exercise remember? But what I hate more than that is waking up feeling like I swelled up in my sleep. Lately I have been waking up feeling lighter. I have noticed the day after a non workout day I wake up feeling heavy. That would be today. I didn't work out yesterday but I will today. I won't step on the scale but I wouldn't be surprised if I gained 3 lbs last night.

I still ate well yesterday and even cooked dinner even though I had an enormous headache which I blame on not having a coffee in the morning. My headache started around 2:30 so I tried laying down for a while. It didn't help and was getting worse so I took 2 tylenol around 4:00. By 7:00 I still wasn't feeling any better so I took 2 more tylenols and went to 'sleep' for a while. Finally caved in and made some coffee around 9:00pm and then felt 100% better within minutes. This caffeine addiction is out of control.

Anyway, back to the main topic, I know we all must take a few days to rest but what can I do to continue feeling light and not so heavy? Does anyone else feel this way? Do you think it's all in my head? Do you take rest days?

3 comments:

  1. First off - there's nothing wrong with having a cup of coffee in the morning...I don't care what ANYONE says. Just remember that for every 1 cup of coffee you drink, you should drink 2 cups of water to help rid the dehydration effects caffeine has.

    Second, the "heavy" feeling is kind of in your head...but I have the same problem. I try to work out 6 days a week...I always have a rest day. Your body needs a rest day. I find that the morning after a great work-out, I feel lighter. If I skip a work-out I don't really feel heavier..I just don't have that "lighter" feeling that I get after working out..does that make sense? I hope so. If you're still eating well on your non- workout days, it doesn't mean that you'll gain weight. Your body burns calories at rest on your days off too. Hope all this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I should mention I didn't intentionally not have coffee, I just didn't have time in the morning to have one.

    I'm doing 5 days a week and I know we need to rest. I guess it balances itsself out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why we are not all perfectly thin, because there is this fine balance between too much and not enough, rest days and overdoing it. You're getting there. What about if you just did some light stretching or, hey, what about meditation on your days off. I bet that would make you feel better and soothe your mind. Sorry, you're feeling so crappy - how about a squirt gun fight to get you out of your funk (lol).

    ReplyDelete